Friday, July 15, 2011

...and the dish ran away with the spoon - Preliminary Sketches

This week, while waiting on approval for some magazine illustrations, I was able to get started on another digital painting for my "Hey, Diddle, Diddle" series.

I'm starting with a simple line drawing and adding color and a background to a value study.  It's magical to be constantly changing the painting!



I have appreciated so many other illustrators sharing their process, I am glad to be able to offer my sketches to view here.... even though I'm still experimenting,

2 comments:

  1. Please do keep sharing... I am inspired to do more digital after seeing the work of others who are exploring it.
    You and Marion Eldridge are way ahead of me with this new medium and all it offers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, June! I'm trying to keep up!

    ReplyDelete